Dillon Aero offers a basic familiarization course geared towards new users, or as a refresher for prior users. It establishes a good foundation of knowledge, and provides hands-on practical experience with the M134D System.
When students complete this course, they will be familiar with the procedures for safe and effective operation, as well as operator/limited intermediate-level maintenance, of the weapon system in accordance with Dillon Aero published manuals and guides.
Training is comprised of 2 days of in-classroom instruction and 1 day of live fire instruction. Course instruction consists of explanation, demonstration, and student hands-on participation. Dillon Aero provides live weapons, training aids, tool kits, special tools, fixtures, linked inert dummy ammunition and linked live ammunition for live fire range for use during the course. This course is limited to 6 personnel maximum.
*Please contact us if you need more than 6 personnel per course. See links below.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- M134 History/Dillon Aero company history
- Safe and proper gun handling during maintenance and operation
- Theory/method of operation
- M134D Nomenclature, characteristics, and general data
- Gun system set up and function checks
- Ammunition handling and magazine loading
- Gun loading and clearing procedures
- Immediate/remedial action drills
- Live-fire training
- Weapons handling, trigger and burst control, platform-specific gun handling skills
- Weapon maintenance (Operator to intermediate level)
- Pre-fire and post-fire operator maintenance/troubleshooting
- Disassembly, inspection, repair, replacement, lubrication/servicing, reassembly, and function checks
- Use of Dillon Aero tool kits, fixtures, special tools, and training aids
Range Day offers in-depth live fire training conducted at either Dillon Aero’s Scottsdale location or the customer’s outdoor range. Live fire is performed from the platform which is applicable to the students. The following topics are addressed:
- M134D Operations and Maintenance Manual (hard copy)
- M134D Quick Reference Guide (hard copy)
- M134D Gun Maintenance, Feeder/Delinker Assembly/Disassembly, Magazine Loading DVD
- Certificate of Training Completion