Dillon Aero has introduced a new variation of the M134D that is corrosion resistant for use in the marine environment. The M134D-M will consist of the base M134D-HHB, but will have the following improvements that will improve corrosion resistance.
- Many of the gun components (including the barrels) will be coated with Cerakote™ ceramic coatings. The unique formulation used for Cerakote™ ceramic coating enhances a number of physical performance properties including abrasion/wear resistance, corrosion resistance, chemical resistance impact strength and hardness.
- The hardware in the M134D-M will be Stainless Steel and/or treated with the Cerakote™ ceramic coating.
- This M134D-M has been tested in accordance with MIL-STD-810G, Method 509.5 Salt Fog.
- The M134D-M will consist of the following:
- Marinized Clutch Assembly
- Marinized Feeder/Delinker
- Marinized Heavy Barrels
- Titanium Rotor Assembly
- Marinized Gun Assembly
- Marinized Brass/Link Exhaust
- Marinized Booster Assembly
- Marinized Ammunition Can