The Dillon Aero Mission Configurable Aircraft System (MCAS-MH) provides an exceptional armament solution for the MD500 series of helicopters. Years of direct, hands-on experience coupled with exceptional engineers have produced an armament platform that is lighter, more capable, and easier to support than other systems currently available.
Airframe sustainability and useful load benefit from the decreased overall weight (−60 lbs. base system) compared to legacy systems. The aircraft can now carry more personnel, fuel, or additional Mission Equipment Packages (MEP).
Hard-points on the top and bottom of the MCAS-MH provide users with multiple configuration options to suit any mission profile. The system can easily be configured to attach a machine gun, mount, and pintle-arm, caving ladder, FLIR System Electronics Unit (SEU), and ground handling wheel mount. Additionally, the system incorporates up to six removable mounting lugs coupled with additional mounting provisions.
The MCAS-MH (External Personnel Systems) stow to reduce the lateral dimension, resulting in easier transport and a reduced hangar footprint. Damage-prone areas are easily replaced in the field; it is not necessary to replace an entire plank because of localized damage. The MCAS-MH lightweight plank is interchangeable between aircraft; with complete interchangeability between airframes, there is no need for aircraft tail number specific hardware.
- Fully qualified and tested
- Provisions for accessories
- 300 flight hour inspection interval
- Can remove/install Goliath® Tank
- Interfaces with existing ICE Tank
- Designed by SOF aviation users
- Field maintainable/repairable
- Stow-able for easy transportability
- Complete airframe interchangeability
- Clean/efficient design for ease of operation
- External Personnel System 1,000 lb. rating